Norm Ziegler Trailblazer Scholarship
The NAIW International Legacy Foundation is the administrator of the Norm Ziegler Trailblazer Scholarship. The NAIW Legacy Foundation is a 501(c)3 insurance trust dedicated to the development of educational programs for insurance professionals and to further the education of its members by funding various opportunities. The Legacy Foundation was formed in 2006 as the philanthropic arm of International Association of Insurance Professionals.
The Norm Ziegler Trailblazer Scholarship is available to undergraduate and graduate student members working towards a career in the insurance and risk management industry.
Norm (Norbert) Ziegler was a mentor to many in the insurance industry and owned Frontier Adjusters, a Claims Adjusting business. Norm was a member of the International Association of Insurance Professionals and a past president and engaged member of the local association – Insurance Association of Suburban Kansas City – in Kansas.
Two (2) scholarships valued at $2,000 each will be awarded annually.
The application and accompanying documents must be typewritten, submitted within the specific award period by the deadline date, and submitted via the online form below to be considered.
One reference letter – PDF email from college professor using official college email address or letter on official school letterhead accepted
Official Transcript – requested from institution or attached to submission form
Email to: email@example.com
Or mail to: NAIW International Legacy Foundation
One Glenlake Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30328
- US citizen and a full-time student attending any college in the US
- Majoring or minoring in Insurance, Risk Management, Actuarial Science, or a related field
- 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must not be receiving full reimbursement for the expenses of tuition, books, etc. from any outside source
- No late or incomplete entries will be accepted.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Legacy Foundation Board of Directors.
- Scholarships will only be awarded for courses of study occurring after the decision announcement date.
- Scholarship recipients will be requested to submit payment information for the funds to be distributed directly to the institution.
- Courses of study must be completed within 12 months of receipt of the scholarship.
- Proof that awards have been used for the intended purpose (i.e., evidence of course completion, receipts for educational materials, etc.) will be required.
- Scholarship recipient agrees to the use of her or his name by the Legacy Foundation for promotional use, including optional photo use.
- Application Submission Deadline: Scholarship applications will be accepted until February 15 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Scholarship Selection: All scholarship applicants will be notified of the selection decision by March 15.
- Scholarship Funds: Funds will be distributed after March 15 following receipt of payment information for distribution directly to the institution.
Please contact Executive Director, Amanda Hammerli, with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-766-6249 Ext.2.