The Legacy Foundation scholarships are awarded to individual members for various educational opportunities, to enhance their insurance knowledge, obtain designations or insurance related degrees or to attend IAIP conventions or conferences. The grants are designed to support local associations, councils and regions that are offering educational programs for our members or prospective members. We are honored to award the following scholarships and grants during this past membership year! Congratulations to the 2020-2021 Scholarship & Grant Recipients!
Professional Scholarship Recipients
The Legacy Foundation scholarships are awarded to individual members for various educational opportunities, to enhance their insurance knowledge, obtain designations or insurance related degrees or to attend IAIP conventions or conferences.
- Aislyn Allen – Vermont Association of Insurance Professionals, Region I
- Brenda Ayers – Insurance Professionals of Southwest Michigan, Region IV
- Suzanne Durante – Las Vegas Insurance Professionals, Region VII
- Brenda McDermott – Missouri MAL, Region V
- Jenny Schaeffler – San Francisco Insurance Professionals, Region VII
- Bobby Shields – Charlotte Association of Insurance Professionals, Region II
Norm Ziegler Trailblazer Scholarship Recipients
A brand-new scholarship opportunity for the Foundation this year is supported by the Insurance Association of Suburban Kansas City. The $2,000 Norm Ziegler Trailblazer Scholarship is awarded undergraduate and graduate students studying insurance and risk management.
- Anne Bowen – Indiana State University
- Alexis Hanchett – Olivet College
The NAIW Legacy Foundation is honored to award five grants to support educational programming at each level of the organization.
- Asociacion de Profesionales de Seguros de Puerto Rico (Region III 2023 Conference Committee)
- Insurance Professionals of Acadiana
- Insurance Professionals of Greater New Orleans
- California Council
- Pennsylvania Council